I am still around and look, I still have (some) words to spew. I am not promising actual CONTENT but you will get an update.
- All three kids start school next week. The little one will be in full-time pre-kindergarten, the middle child in 2nd grade and the the oldest in 4th grade. Be still my beating heart.
- I will officially begin work permanent part-time at our local Y in the Youth and Family Department, although I have been working there all Summer already! This is totally up my alley AND I get to wear workout clothes to work every day. I was already wearing them practically every day anyway and now I wear them to the work place. Also, I get to be around adults, teach 2 preschool fitness classes, assist with the crazy number of sports registrants and the sports season, be part of planning family events and activities, and more. It's a win-win for me!
- I will also be doing some stuff for the Zooma Women's Race Series, of which I am super-excited! Ya'll know I love Zooma and now I get to *work* for them, but it won't really feel like work.
- Anthony and I are nearing week 3 of our 28 day reset. I have lost close to 10lbs in 18 days and Anthony has lost close to 14 lbs. I have permanently broken up with sugar, I am eating the BEST I ever have in my life (the kids too!) and I feel FREAKING FANTASTIC and OUT OF THIS WORLD.
- I am still running and weight training although I have slacked off a bit with work and kids home for the Summer and the logistics of making it all happen, plus without something to train for, I am feeling a little lost. With that said, I am on a mission to find and select a Fall 1/2 Marathon to train for and a Spring one, too. I need to be signed up for races to kick some motivation into my pants. Also, it would be nice if the weather cooled off so that I could enjoy my runs a bit more.
- With the start of school, the kids' activities schedules will be kicking back into high gear. We have hip hop class, hip hop troupe rehearsal, volleyball, soccer, soccer and church school. Plus homework, chores, meal cooking, and resting all to do. WHEW.
- We didn't do much vacationing this Summer besides the quick two nighter trip to Great Wolf Lodge in June, a visit to Leakey Texas to visit Christy and kids, and a one day trip to Schlitterbahn Waterpark.
- We do plan on making a trip to Eagle, Colorado to visit my sister this Winter, a trip to Los Angeles for Noe and Christina's wedding in February (without kids- woot woot!!!! THANK YOU mom and dad for agreeing to watch the kids the few nights we are gone) and there is some cray cray (crazy) talk about a Disney trip next Summer. I am not completely sold on a Disney trip though.......I am thinking a San Francisco/Yosemite National Park might be more awesome. Or a Florida beach trip. Your thoughts? Next Summer the kids will be 10.5, 8, and 5.5 years old.
- I am still busy and happily writing for the Sisterhood of the Shrinking Jeans. I am lead runner for the Run with the Sisterhood FB page and we just launched a new C25K Virtual Program (Couch to 5k Program). Anyone can join us as long as you have a desire to be a runner : ).
- I still read most every night and I have a long book review post scrolling through my head but I am not sure I will ever have time to get it down on paper! I am finding myself more discerning with what I read and not wanting to waste my time on stuff that really doesn't capture my interest. Current Book I am Reading: And the Mountains Echoed by Khalid Hosseini
- My latest Netflix guilty pleasure- The Walking Dead- LOVE.
Not much else is going on, ha ha. Finding time to blog has been difficult. Finding time to get together with friends has been difficult. Finding time to clean my house has been REALLY difficult!!!
What about you- what's going on where you are?