I'm tired ya'll and there is no end in sight.
The other day I wished for a few extra hours every day, in the hopes that I could get done everything that needs to get done and maybe, hopefully have a few hours of fun time for me, with or without the kids. Then, I realized that if I had a few extra hours a day, I would probably attempt to fill those hours with all the stuff/chores/errands that I don't get done on a daily basis and hell, that would be ZERO fun, wouldn't it?
There are never enough hours in the day. EVER. And if there magically appears some time that all of a sudden feels free, I then feel the need to fill it with something, anything, or more something that must be done right this very second and well, then, I never truly rest. This never-ending cycle well, it never ends.
So I want to play a little game with myself, to remind me that there is a life outside of motherhood and wife-hood and family-hood.
If I were given a few extra hours a day, any day or every day, and I could only do things NOT related to a chore or errand or taking care of a kid, WHAT WOULD I DO?
- Surf pinterest to my hearts content with zero guilt
- Read blogs
- Comment on blogs
- Organize my online pictures
- Go for a run without having to worry about being back by a certain time
- Drink a cup of coffee, slowly and luxuriously
- Organize my recipe binder
- Paint my nails
- Cook, cook, cook
- Write notes to the people I love dearly to let them know how much they mean to me
- Book that girls weekend to Vegas that we keep talking about
- Get a facial
- Read a book
O.M.G. This sounds like heaven. Why I can't ONE of these things happen every day? How hard can it be?