Well, I have some ramblings that I can share.
- I ran 3.0 miles this morning in 30 min 45 seconds. This is one of my best times yet. I feel GREAT!
- My kids have just taken every cushion off the couch and made a train with them. Now they are playing "musical pillows".
- Speaking of children, the youngest in my crew is keeping me so damn busy. Church this morning was a fiasco with him in tow and needless to say, the "message" of the sermon was clearly lost on me as I dealt with an unruly 15 month old who only wanted to run up and down the aisle, jump up and down in the pew and scream. AWESOME. Oh yeah, older lady in the blue shirt over there, don't shoot me that "look". Don't you remember what bringing a young child to church is like?
- For three days straight, I think I watched CNN and the news coverage of the Haiti earthquake non-stop. I cried several times. My brain is forever scorched with the devastating images that bombarded me. I have not watched it today. My heart hurts for the Haitian people.
- My kitchen is a mess, laundry needs to be folded, clutter put away, dinner prepped and prepared (maybe not!), kids taken to the park, 3 post written for Mom Central, and I seriously need to take a shower, plus some other things I can't even remember right now. I wonder which of these I will actually do?
- Last week I was in a funk. This week I am not.
- The biggest two things I have been thinking about lately have been "simplifying my life" and the 1/2 marathon that I am training for in June, with Leukemia and Lymphoma Society's Team in Training. More specifically, I have been giving a lot of thought to the two children that I am running in memory of - my Aunt Elma who died at age 9 in 1972 and Allie Scott who died at age 9 months in 2004. Thinking about them, their families and those experiences has fueled my runs of late.
- I got my eyebrows waxed finally. Your welcome.
- I have been thinking about "what's next" after the 1/2 marathon. I am seriously considering getting into the women's sprint triathlon's for fun and exercise - that would be running, swimming and biking. I already love swimming and running. I rode the bike at the gym as part of my cardio exercise last Friday (after running 2.75 miles) and I totally envisioned myself doing a triathlon. Run, swim, bike. Me likey-like.
- Given the busy-ness of my life, I haven't been visiting blogs as often as I like and if I do visit, I'm not commenting as often as I usually do. I don't have time to link up but I want to give shout-outs to my favorites (they are all in my links on the left, just keep scrolling down). Stacey at Any Mommy Out There, Beth at I Should be Folding Laundry, Tracey at More than a Minivan Mom, Kim at Prairie Mama, Heather at The Extraordinary Ordinary, Elaine at The Miss Elaineous Life, Laura at Mommy from the Midwest, Erin at School Teacher by Day...., and last but not least, all of my fellow writers (Christy, Melissa, April, Thea, Christie O, Heather and Donya....even you Brian!) and sisters at The Sisterhood of the Shrinking Jeans - you guys ROCK. You make me laugh, cry, and laugh some more. You are the best effin' hookers in the whole wide world. I LOVE YOU- MWAH!!!!!
Ok, that isn't it. I know a lot of you visit....while you are visiting and reading my drivel today, feel free to come out and leave me a comment. I know you are reading- I have a stat counter/tracker. Just give me a shout out. It doesn't have to be long......maybe something like "Hey Lisa. I do read you blog and you are awesome. I live in New Jersey" or whatever or whereever. Now is the time to delurk and let me know you exist.
For realz ya'll.
For realz ya'll.